Thursday 18 April 2013

Trials of Short Hair

I am (or should I say was) the self-confessed owner of long hair and having long hair was a big part of my identity. I had obviously cut it shoulder-length before, many of times when I was younger but if you were to ask people what my defining, and long-term feature had been; it would be my long hair.
Now as you all must know, since January, I have had super short hair- and it was good at the start because it was fresh, new and exciting. Plus, I had cut my hair off for a good reason and so the remnants of being an awesome person made me like my new hair even more...
But, since then; my hair has grown and it doesn't look as good as it did. The problem with this is that I don't want to re-cut it shorter because I kinda miss my long hair and so want to grow it. BUT I would rather I got it cut short because it'd look better in the meantime. Although, long term I would be faced with this problem once again when it grew that little bit longer. It means that I get left with hair that I really don't like.
To cut or not to cut, that is the question- as a wise old English playwright once said... 

I think I need to stop being so appearance centred and just know that I cut my hair for a good cause, I experimented and although I would rather it longer now, I get the wonder privilege to know that over time my hair will end up growing. There are some people out there who can't grow their hair, or don't have any hair full stop.
It's these sorts of times that I know I have to take a step back, look at the bigger picture and re-assess everything I had thought about previously. And therefore, the whole point of this blog is to not moan but rather to say:

"So what I don't like my hair at its current length? It's only hair, at least I have some."

What parts of your life do you dislike but then once you step back do you realise that it's really insignificant?

Happy Thursday,

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment