Friday 10 May 2013

A Long Time Coming

For the last 9 weeks, we have been going forward and back from the hospital for both my Aunt and my Grandad. Unfortunately, my Grandad didn't make it home after he was admitted to hospital but thankfully today, we were able to finally bring my Aunt home and it felt so good. She hasn't been out of hospital for 9 weeks which is such a long time!

The worry from her not being well all disappeared knowing that she could be with us all the time. It has been such a long, and emotional road to this point and we all never thought there would be a day that we would have her home and mobile. Considering the fact she had been in intensive care for around a month, it is surprising how similar she is to how she went in.

Not only did she come home, but we had a very tearful moment having to tell her that her Dad was no longer with us. There was all of us in tears as my Mum told her but hopefully with us all around and the dogs from her old house- she'll settle into her new home fine.

The only wish I have was that my Grandad was here to share the moment with us. If we could've seen into the future, and told him that she would come home, maybe he would've had more to fight for. Maybe he would still be here. I know I can't think that way but it's hard for me to not think about the what ifs. I miss him so much and I know she misses him too.

One big step getting her home so hopefully it will be plain sailing from here on out.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment