Saturday 18 May 2013

Sunday Bum-Day?

Wait.. What? Check your calendar, it's only Saturday, right?!

I know it's not Sunday, but this day is definitely a bum-day for me. Whenever I go out, the next day is always the day where I lay in bed doing nothing. It's a ritual and I don't know whether that's because I feel like it's a great excuse to do nothing rather than actually needing to do nothing or whether I'm getting too old and the day after drinking is always a tough one to motivate myself to move.

Last night was great with the girls from my course and it really got me thinking about how much I'm going to miss being at University. For some people, they thought I wasn't going to survive past the first year here and I've gone and proved them wrong with finishing the entire degree having lost two grandparents along the way. I know some people have an easy ride with just having to contend with the demands of their course but for me it's been long and hard, and definitely emotional. I don't know whether some people would be able to carry on given the circumstances I have been handed. It made me proud and it made me thankful to University for changing me and making me stronger.
In a couple of weeks, my last exam will be done and I'll be back to living at home starting a new course that will lead me down a path that I could be walking down for many years to come and I would be lying if I said I wasn't scared. I'm scared to grow up and I'm scared of what life will throw my way. Will I make it as a teacher? Will I hate it? What would I do? Will I ever publish a book? Will I find the guy I want to spend the rest of my life with? There are so many unanswered questions that I have. If you know me, you know I like control; I like structure and I definitely like knowing what is going to happen and when.

But, life doesn't work by knowing what will happen and it scares me to death. I guess though that is what makes life so wonderful and magical because things happen to you that you wouldn't have been able to predict in your wildest dreams. 
Life is life. There's no other analogy that could be used to describe it. It is what it is and although at times we hate it, there's nothing more exhilarating and marvellous as living.

My head hurts from the alcohol and the thinking too hard. Hope you all have a super fantastic, awesome, splendid and amazing day! Enjoy the sunshine and play hard when you can because life sure does make you work hard!

Lots of love and hugs,
Nicole
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment