Wednesday 22 May 2013

Thorpe Park

Nemesis
I have two things that I wanna talk about in this blog. Firstly, we spent the day in Thorpe Park for my sister's boyfriend's 28th birthday. We woke up at 7AM, which was way too early for my liking to get to Thorpe Park on the dot when it opened. Although the weather was not the greatest, cloudy and slightly chilly, we made the most of the day and the fact that the queues were only around 5-30 minute wait as opposed to the general 45 minute wait for every ride. 

We started on Vortex, and given the fact that I don't like big rides, this was an accomplishment for me. It spun around and went completely horizontal god knows how high up from the ground. I don't even want to think about it. Later, I went on Colossus, and it felt like I was going to fall out of the seat, which freaked me out. Lastly, my biggest accomplishment, I went on Nemesis Inferno and despite my great fears of rollercoasters; it wasn't too bad at all. I even managed to keep my eyes open!
Vortex

I constantly preach to people about stepping out of their comfort zone and saying yes to every opportunity even if it makes you scared but I never really take my advice. Today, I did. Today, I scared myself and I loved it. I'm not saying I'll be the greatest rollercoaster rider, but I definitely know that I can do it without dying or hyperventilating. I'm proud of myself and I had a great day!!

The second thing I want to address is the insane, terrifying and deeply saddening news that reached our headlines in London today. It is unthinkable to believe that something with such inhumanity could happen just round the corner from us all. Especially given the pride that radiated from the attackers on video and the fact they stuck around after the attack to meet the police face to face. It begs us all to question who and what types of people are living in this world and how the hell they managed to cause such a violent, brutal and savage crime.
My thoughts, love and intense sadness goes out to the brave soldier that was innocently targeted for such cruel and merciless event as well as the man's family, friends and those that were forced to be witnesses. In a world where so much love occurs, the harsh reality of how many evil people out there bursts our bubble of happiness sending it tumbling down like a lead balloon.

I hope you all stay safe in everything that you do and take care of yourself in the big, bad world. It scares me that there are people capable of barbaric actions walking among us.

Lots of love being sent to everyone and I sincerely hope that the victim is at peace with those that love him

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment