Sunday 14 July 2013

Santonica

Yesterday night I went to see my sister's boyfriend's band, Santonica, headline for a gig in at pub in Kingston, The Peel. I regularly go to their gigs to support them and encourage them because they're a band trying to make it big in a difficult industry. I really enjoy their music and it's always a great night out with family and friends.

Not only are they a good night out listening to great music but I also love their dedication and determination to try and make it somewhere in the music buisness. They try so hard to book gigs and they work their butt off with their band practices to try and make their sound the best they can. Anyone who goes after their dream and attacks it with all their might is someone that I admire. 

This is one of their songs that was roughly recorded at one of their many gigs and if any of you want to listen, you can. They also have numerous videos on Youtube: just search Santonica.
Their style is very mainstream with some amazing instrument playing. You can't help but be mesmerized as you watched them play and be completely immersed in their dream. I wish I was musically talented because I very much like to see myself as a guitarist or maybe even a pianist. Unfortunately for me, I wasn't but it helps when you know people who are and can go see them whenever.

You can also follow them on Facebook if you are interested more: https://www.facebook.com/Santonicamusic?fref=ts

I just wanted to write a blog because I personally feel they should be more well-known than they are- what better way to spread the news of a band than on a blog?

Let me know what you think of them! :) xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment