Monday 4 November 2013

Motivational Monday #28 - First Day Nerves

Combining two blogs into one like a BOSS!
Today, I started my placement at the primary school and I was so freaking nervous this morning. I had thought about ways I would come across in first impressions, what I should say and ask first, how I would go about getting the information I needed without bombarding my teacher and realised that I was slowly but surely freaking myself out. I got ready this morning in my new teacher clothes and it dawned on me that I was really taking the journey to reaching my dream job. I thought about how nervous I was and how good of a feeling it is to be nervous for something that you really want. And this brings me to my message today:
When you know there is something that you want, you need to remember that there is only one person that can achieve that and it's not anyone else around you besides yourself. If you know where you want to go, but you're just too scared to take the leap of faith, I say close your eyes, don't think about it and just jump. Because the nervous, scared feeling isn't bad; it's not something that you should hide from. It shows how much it means to you and that is what will eventually spur you on to achieve your dreams. If you're waiting for the day that you feel ready and those nervous butterflies have gone; you'er going to be waiting forever to do what you want to do.
Of course you're going to feel like you're not ready or that you can't do it; you're not good enough but everyone feels that way. I definitely feel that way this morning. I've been questioning why I'm even doing this because I don't  feel like I can. I don't feel old enough or good enough to be working towards becoming a teacher this year but I try to put that from my mind because at the end of the day, I'm ready to embark on a new adventure whether I succeed or fail. I'm ready to try something new and take a very good stab at it.

What I'm not ready for is facing 30 7 year olds and teaching them something. I'm not ready to be called Miss Ryan all the time by children at school and potentially outside school. I'm not ready to ditch my student clothes and act professionally and mature both inside and outside school. I'm not ready for the responsibility but I'm going to give it a go and hope for the best.
And I suggest you do the same. If you're sat there now thinking of something you have been waiting to do, just do it. As long as it is legal and morally right. Don't go around killing anyone or anything like that!

Let me know how good scary it feels the second you take the leap! I'd love to know what your adventures are, so leave a comment below.

xxx

More Motivational Mondays- (What an alliteration!)

No comments:

Post a Comment